Wednesday, April 4, 2007

she has to be held

I love to write novels. Sometimes, I can’t stop writing novels. However at the moment I’m having trouble writing novels. Why? Well, she’s about to turned seven weeks tomorrow. My daughter has decided that she usually can’t be alone for a second. Bed time is wonderful because she will cry until she realizes we are not going to come to her rescue. Now I should be happy. Yay, my daughter wants me to hold her. But the thing is. She doesn’t care who holds her. Just as long as she is being held. She wants to sleep with me, but I believe that is absolutely dangerous. I wonder if she would be fine if she had another baby to sleep with. Ah, I love my little peanut. SO I’m trying to figure out how to balance her and a laptop on my lap. Sometimes, I’ll put her squirming self on the desk while I type on the computer. Well, she likes to hit the keys with her little feet and hands. So that doesn’t quite work. The best invention though is that freaking sling. I put her in it. She is snug close to me and I can get some things done. If I didn’t have that thing, I swear sometimes the house would never get cleaned.
Maybe my little peanut is just afraid of being alone. I guess when I think from her perspective that could be the problem. She has to depend on someone to feed her and take care of her. She might not know that when she is set down the person will remember to return. So she cries until I or someone else returns. So she has probably learned that crying makes someone appear. Therefore, she cries to always make sure that the person who takes care of her is always there and doesn’t forget her.

No comments: