Thursday, April 5, 2007

Sad but true. I wonder if my daughter and I have finally reached some kind of break through. Last night my daughter was extremely cranky. I was able to get her to calm down by holding her. Her father, my wonderful loving husband, asked to hold her. I gave her to him. She sat with him for about ten minutes and then started to freak out. He just sat there holding her. Finally I went to her picked her up and started talking to her. She calmed down. I handed her back to her daddy and she immediately freaked out. She wants you, my husband said. I picked her up and started talking to her and she calmed down. Wow, my daughter wanted me. I told my husband it’s because we spend almost every second together. He said he understood. I still think it hurt my husband. I think the next time he’s holding her and she gets cranky I’ll let him continue holding her. She has to learn to love us both equally. But it still made me feel wonderful to know my daughter wanted me. Of course it could have been because I talked to her but I’m still going to take this small victory.

No comments: