Monday, April 16, 2007

helping

I thought I would do this to just help. I guess that is the point of this. About eight weeks ago, I had a little baby girl and was separated from her shortly after birth due to health concerns. That was hard. Several days after her birth, she was moved from the nicu to the convalescent nursery and I was able to make the trek from my bedroom to the nursery. While there, an adoptive couple came in to see the child they were going to adopt. I don’t know who they are or what the circumstances of the adoption were. All I could think of, a mother was going to grow through a lot of pain and I became angry for her. Why, because I knew the love of my child. I desperately wanted nothing but to love my child and it was killing me being separated from her. I couldn’t imagine losing the rights to be her mother. I secretly wish that the mother of the unknown baby changed her mind and kept her baby. I guess that is why, I started researching adoption. I wanted to know what it was like. I wanted to hear the pain of it and wish that there was something to be done. During my research, I read stories of the hurt mother go through when they place their children. I have been outraged to learn that adoption agencies, seeking profit, are tearing apart families and taking advantage of adoptive parent’s hopes and dreams. On one blog, a blogger was trying to find who needed to be reached in order to make adoption reform work. She mentioned the adoptive mothers. Well there are not that many people who are really affected by adoption. We all know that the government will ignore the minority’s pleas. If adoption reform is going to happened, reformers must reach those who are not affected. Break the adoption is wonderful shield in front of their eyes and make them realize there is corruption. Those calling out for reform must increase in numbers. I guess that is why I decided to post this when I learned about the call to help the Stephanie Bennett’s family. I pray that the family is united. That Stephanie can once again cuddle with her little girl and wash her little toes and fingers. She deserves it. She is the mother. I can’t imagine the pain that she is going through. But I also pray, that her pain will help get the uninvolved involved in adoption reform.

2 comments:

Third Mom said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I have to believe that all of the beautiful posts that have been made on Stephanie and Evelyn Bennett's behalf will help bring Evelyn home soon!

Ungrateful Little Bastard said...

Thank you so much.