Saturday, March 8, 2008

Guess what

I’m so sick and tired of people complaining about welfare. I know that most people have absolutely no real idea about welfare and who is on it since the media absolutely misrepresents it. But I’m just sick of hearing it.

SO LISTEN UP WORLD. MOST PEOPLE ON WELFARE ARE NOT TEENAGE BLACK MOMS. IN FACT MOST PEOPLE ON WELFARE ARE NOT EVEN TEENAGERS. JUST KEEP REPEATING THAT TO YOURSELF.

Do some research. Read the mommy myth.

You know I have a master’s degree. My husband has a bachelor’s degree and we can barely afford to eat. We did what we were supposed to do. We got educated. But you know what we are not living the American dream. I can’t find a good paying job and I work. He works. I have to make my daughter’s cloth diapers. I haven’t bought clothes in forever. Almost all her toys were bought by other people and all her clothes come from hand me downs. Neither has my husband. I’m scared of getting pregnant because another baby would absolutely break us. My husband has high cholesterol. I’m going to have to figure how to afford healthy food. We are inches away from welfare. Just inches and were the married white couple that didn’t have sex until we got married.

And you know what most people on welfare don’t live on it forever. They are not breaking the economy. You know what is: Republicans and Democrats. Yeap that’s right politicians and their corporate buddies. Not to be cliché’ But I’m so jaded with politicians. I don’t think a single one running for president is going to do a darn thing to help anyone. Really I don’t. You know why it’s not about us. It’s about them. It’s always about them.

And yes I'm in a mad mood. I'm so sick of struggling.



No comments: