Sunday, December 16, 2007

What I have been up to

Michelle is ten months. She weighs around 16 pounds, she's trying to walk and repeats things, I say. I'm trying to figure out what in the world happened. It's like I closed my eyes and opened them to find her crawling. Man. That went fast. She used to be 4 pounds. I haven't really been keeping up with the blog much because I've been busy and well I don't know how much people read this. I thought I would talk about some of my parenting techniques.
First, I do not let Michelle cry things out loud. Nope. I read this excellent post on cry it out loud. http://ennorath.typepad.com/arwens_blog/2007/11/cry-it-not.html. This mama hit it on the nail. And that is basically why I do not let her cry it out loud.
I parent cheaply as possible. For example, I cloth diaper. Not for the environment sake, but because I can save a whole lot of money. I mainly use one-size fits all bumgenius. But I already see the money saving. I can use these until she is three and then turn around and use them for the next child.
Next, I try to stay away from electronic noise makers. I really don't like them. They are so annoying. Plus, they don't really work. She loses interest in about five seconds. I'm trying to find creative toys, but that's hard when your child isn't' even one.
I read to her every night. We mainly read from A Precious Moment Book. I want her to get saved. Yea, too young, but you know we really don't know how much they understand at such early ages, so I'm not taking any chances.
Oh and here is the big one with my family. I'm not teaching her the Santa Clause, Tooth Fairy or Easter bunny are real. I know you guys wants to scream scrooge. The main reason is because to me it's a lie. It's a fun lie, but it's still a lie. Now I have nothing against other parents and their parenting techniques in regards to this, but I decided that I wanted to be as truthful as possibles with Michelle. Which means eliminating all the fun lies.
That is really my parenting. MIchelle is doing find so, I guess I must be doing something right.

In other news, an Agent is reading my novel and considering me for representation. Yeap that's right. A real life bona finda agent. So maybe I'll be a famous Author someday. Perhaps, but I don't know. I don't think I'm ready. I want to be published because I want to be an author, but I write Christian novels. shouldn't I want to be published, so that I can share Jesus with people. Oh well, it's all in God's hands.
And by the way, I've been thinking of something.

So if you can answer this question go ahead. name any non-profit agency that you can think of that charges money for their services. Just list it. Something just doesnt' seem right if you have to pay to use a service from a non-profit.

No comments: