Monday, December 17, 2007

agent report 1 and other things

You know it's been in the back of my mine, but I'm wondering what is going to happened with this whole agent thing. He's had it for about three months now. That's typical wait time. I wonder if he has looked at it or what. I won't let myself think about it much. Because really hardly ever do agents sign an author and hardly ever does a writer get published without one. So to say the least, the fact that he is reading it is an accomplishment in itself. But I can't help but wonder. I just want to know. Questions keep slipping in and out of my mine. First off what if it didn't make it to him? And so he figured I just didn't bother to send it.
What if the corrections, I made in it, didn't save?
So many questions.

Next random thought. I'm glad I was able to get pregnant fast. Basically I'm glad there were no complications. I can't imagined the pain of not being able to have a child. I remember thinking before I got pregnant that I would rather give birth to a child then get published. I even prayed it. Well I gave birth and now an agent is reading my novel.

My cousin is having fertility problems. I'm not saying this caused it, but she led a very wild life before settling down. Now that she is starting to get her life in order she is faced with this. The doctors gave her about a 15 percent chance of being able to have a child without medical intervention. She only has one tube and it is blocked. FOr some reason they put her on clomid, (If I'm right it's an ovulatory drug). That has me concerned because my understanding is she just has blocked tubes and no ovulation problems. So why did they put her on that?
Part of me hopes she can have a child. Part of me doesn't thinks she would be a good mother. But that is my prejudice and it is wrong. She could have a child and be the best mommy. At Thanksgiving this year, I didn't really talk much about motherhood and whatever around her. But people kept saying well when you have your own kids blah blah blah to her. I wanted to well not be very nice. I couldn't believe they would say something like that. SHe might not have kids. It must have been hard to see her father playing with Michelle and wondering if she would ever see him playing with her own kids. It's just sad.

No comments: