Thursday, March 22, 2007

am I entitled to her

Sometimes because my daughter doesn’t look anything like me I feel as though I’m not entitled to her. I know this is silly. She came from my body. I birthed, I care for and I doubt that no human except for her father can love her the way I do. However, she looks more like her father’s mom and sister. So I feel like they should be have her. They should parent her. And sometimes that makes me bitter towards some of those family members. It’s kind of like how I feel so bitter towards her grandparents and aunt because right after birth they got spend more time with her then I did. I can’t even look at the pictures of them and her in the NICU without being jealous. Part of me, wishes I would have been selfish and said no. I’m still jeaulous sometimes and want to hide her away. I have already told my husband that on mother’s day, I’m not going to let go of her. I guess that is one day I can be very selfish and in regards to my daughter.

No comments: